- GW Home
- About GW
- University Life
- News & Events
- Faculty And Staff
Admitted Veteran Student Checklist
Follow these steps after being admitted to GW
1. Contact a Department of Veterans Affairs counselor at 1-888-442-4551 to discuss your education benefits.
2. Complete the online GI Bill application.
3. Optional: if you are electing Post 9/11 GI Bills benefits and believe you are 100% eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program (YRP), please complete and submit the GW Request for Yellow Ribbon Program (YRP) Form. This form may be submitted online through the GWeb Information System by going to the Veteran Menu in "Student Records and Registration" and selecting “Yellow Ribbon Program Request.” YRP participants should submit this GW YRP form each year of attendance.
5. Once you have received the “Certificate of Eligibility” letter from the VA, submit it to the GW Office of Military and Veteran Student Services.
7. As soon as you register for courses, be sure to complete your Request for Certification through the GWeb Information System by going to the Veteran Menu in "Student Records and Registration" and selecting “Veteran Certification Request.” The GW Request for Certification Form can also be submitted as the paper form to our office by being scanned an eimailed or brought directly to our office.
Note: If you have used VA education benefits previously at another university, you must complete VA Form 22-1995 (Request for Change of Program or Place of Training) through VONAPP (Veterans Online Application).